


It is difficult for these pictures to convey the beauty of our journey over the past two days. We traveled from Santa Cruz to Portland, spending a night amongst the mountain redwoods, and caught many a glimpse of the glorious ocean views.
Under the brilliant sun, I drove in near perfect conditions, taking twisting turn after turn at full speed, listening to the unfortunate beginnings of the Brothers Karamazov, Noam Chomsky's descriptions of class warfare, and the always provocative manifesto of the Communist Party.
When it was J's turn to drive, the gods were displeased and tended to pour rain down upon her. Although this seemed a strange and unhappy affair at first, I soon realized that this served the ulterior purpose of cleaning our much maligned and filthy vehicle.
The images seen here include The Avenue of Giants in California and two remarkable spots along the Oregon coast, of which J and I both agree is second in beauty only to that sunset we saw at the grandest of canyons. --SPH
No comments:
Post a Comment